Terms and Conditions
PROMOTION OR COMPETITION RULES
2020 World Series of Kiwipong Tournament
Radio Hauraki (“NZME”) and KPL Distribution Limited (together the Promoters) are proud to present the 2018 World Series of Kiwipong Tournament (“the Tournament”).
Venue – Auckland Town Hall, Auckland CBD
Date – 6 June 2020
Time – Doors open from 11.00am
Prize - Flights to Las Vegas, Accommodation and Entry into the WSBP 2020 event from 26-28 June 2020
Acceptance of Conditions
These Conditions shall apply together with any other Terms and Conditions notiﬁed to the Participants from time to time. Where there is a conﬂict, these Terms and Conditions will prevail. The Participants shall be deemed to have accepted these Conditions upon conﬁrmation of their attendance at the event.
Speciﬁc Terms and Conditions
1. The Promoters reserves the right to exclude any person from participating in the Promotion on reasonable grounds.
2. Participants acknowledge that participation in the Event may be physically demanding and the Participant is aware of the nature of the Event and associated medical and physical risks involved. To the fullest extent permitted by law the Promoters will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or for personal injury as a result of Promotion entry or winning the prize.
3. Participants acknowledge that they will adhere to the ofﬁcial tournament rules and any decision by the Promoters or their representatives will be ﬁnal and no correspondence will be entered into.
4. Participants acknowledge that they enter this Promotion and the Tournament in good faith and that they intend to play Kiwipong responsibly, fairly and in good spirit with fellow competitors. The Promoters reserves the right to refuse to award any prize to an entrant who they decide (in their sole discretion) has violated the Rules (including the Speciﬁc Rules), gained unfair advantage in participating in the Promotion or won using fraudulent means.
5. Participants acknowledge that they will sign the contestant waiver form on arrival at the Tournament.
6. By participating, entrants grant the Promoters exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, videos, voices and likeness in connection with the Promotion and for future promotion and marketing purposes and waive any claims to royalty, right or remuneration for such use.
8. Personal information provided at the time of entry is presumed to be true and, in the case of text or email notiﬁcation – active, through to and beyond the date of the Promotion’s completion.
9. The Promoters reserve the right to amend, vary, extend or discontinue a Promotion at any stage, for any reason.
10. The Promoters take no responsibility for any inability to enter, complete, continue or conclude the Promotion due to equipment or technical malfunction, Force Majeure or otherwise.
11. Where the Prize is to be supplied by an entity outside NZME control and that entity fails, for whatever reason, to supply the prize, NZME has no responsibility for the provision of the Prize and is not obliged to provide an alternative Prize or to take legal action to require the Prize supplier to provide the Prize.
‘NZME’ means all companies in the NZME Group including but not limited to NZME Holdings Limited, NZME. Publishing Limited, NZME. Radio Limited, GrabOne Limited and all brands and operating companies controlled by or associated withthose entities.
The ‘Promoter’ is NZME and Kiwipong Limited.
‘Disqualiﬁed Participants’ are:
(a) all NZME employees, all employees of participating sponsors or promoters and/or advertising agencies and their Immediate Families;
(b) all people under the age of 18 years where the prize incorporates air travel or any other element which would be illegal to supply to a person under the age of 18 years;
(c) all people who have won a prize from the channel/station running this promotion in the last 14 days. If the previously won prize was valued at over $1000 the winner must stand-down from entering for a period of 90 days.
‘Immediate Families’ include spouses, grandparents, parents, children, and grandchildren, whether by marriage, past marriages, remarriage, adoption, co-habitation or other family extension.
1. These Promotion or Competition Rules (‘the Rules’) apply to all NZME Promotions or Competitions (collectively the ‘Promotion’) conducted on or off air and by means of any medium – online, radio, print, or a connected device. The Rules may change from time to time.
2. If a particular Promotion has speciﬁc rules or terms (‘the ‘Speciﬁc Rules’) those Speciﬁc Rules will apply if there is any inconsistency with the Rules.
3. Unless otherwise stated in the Speciﬁc Rules registration, entry or vote is limited to 1 per person. Where multiple registrations, entries or votes are acceptable, each must be made separately.
4. Entry into the Promotion is deemed to be acceptance of the Rules and the Speciﬁc Rules and conﬁrmation that the entrant has the necessary authority (for example from the bill payer or owner of a telephone) to enter the Promotion.
5. No purchase is necessary to win or participate in the Promotion, unless speciﬁed in the Speciﬁc Rules.
6. The Promotion is open to New Zealand Residents only. Disqualiﬁed Participants may not enter in the Promotion.
7. NZME reserves the right to exclude any person from participating in the Promotion on reasonable grounds.
8. NZME reserves the right to refuse to award any prize to an entrant who NZME decides (in its sole discretion) has violated the Rules (including the Speciﬁc Rules), gained unfair advantage in participating in the Promotion or won using fraudulent means.
9. By participating, entrants grant NZME exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, videos, voices and likeness in connection with the Promotion and for future promotion and marketing purposes and waive any claims to royalty, right or remuneration for such use.
11. Personal information provided at the time of entry is presumed to be true and, in the case of text or email notiﬁcation – active, through to and beyond the date of the Promotion’s completion.
12. Where the Promotion involves texting, the following apply:
a) Standard sms text charges will apply, unless otherwise stated in the Speciﬁc Rules and will depend on the entrant’s particular plan or agreement with their phone service provider;
b) Any form of automated text message is invalid;
c) The telephone number from which the entry was made will be stored in a database. The entrant has a two-business-day period from the time of entry to request removal from the database. If no request is made it is deemed acceptance that the information can be used for future promotion and marketing purposes; and
d) NZME takes no responsibility for text costs incurred after the Promotion has closed as stipulated in the Speciﬁc Rules.
Winning the Prize
13. Only the person who originally entered the Promotion can be awarded the prize (the ‘Winner’).
14. The Winner will be determined in the manner set out in the Rules or the Speciﬁc Rules – if not speciﬁed then as determined by the Promoter who shall for this purpose be deemed the judge (the ‘Judge’).
15. The Judge’s determination of the Winner will be ﬁnal and no correspondence will be entered into.
16. The Winner will be notiﬁed by email, phone (voice or text), mail or in person and must be available for the preparation of all publicity that may be required by NZME. Where attempts to contact the Winner fail (eg when the Winner cannot be contacted by phone after three attempts or mail sent is returned) the Judge will select another winner. If, after successful notiﬁcation, the prize is not collected within two months of being announced it will be regarded as forfeit. (Note: 3 attempts to contact the Winner will include individual calls to any numbers provided at the time of entry. However, should the prize’s total worth equal less than NZD$250 and be a live-to-air draw, only one failed attempt at contact will be acceptable before the Judge selects another winner.)
17. The Prize is not redeemable for cash or transferable. No other family members, friends, ofﬁce associates or any other person will be able to participate on the Winner’s behalf. In the event that the Prize speciﬁed in the Competition becomes unavailable for any reason the Promoter may substitute a prize of like or equal value.
18. Where the Winner is required to claim the prize in person, they must provide proper identiﬁcation (eg driver’s licence, passport, birth certiﬁcate). If the Winner is under the age of 18 years their parent or legal guardian must accompany the Winner or give their prior written consent to the award of the Prize.
19. The Winner takes the Prize entirely at his/her own risk and indemniﬁes NZME in respect of any claim for any accident, injury, property damage or loss of life that may occur in connection with the prize. The Winner is responsible for all insurance, tax or other costs that may be associated with the Prize. Where the Prize has associated terms and conditions the Winner accepts the Prize subject to those terms and conditions and restrictions.
20. Where the Prize includes air travel and/or accommodation, either international or domestic (the ‘Travel Prize’):
(1) the Winner MUST have valid documentation, including but not limited to valid passports and Visas, which meet the requirements of immigration and other government authorities at every destination.
(a) Any ﬁnes, penalties, payments or expenditures incurred as a result of such documents not meeting the requirements of those authorities (including any costs associated with delay, will be the sole responsibility of the Winner).
(b) When the Travel Prize includes travel to or through the United States, it is the Winner’s responsibility when travelling into or through (transiting included) the United States under the Visa Waiver Program to apply for an Electronic System for Travel Authorisation (ESTA) no later than 72 hours prior to departure if required. The winner must visit the US Department of Homeland Security website and ﬁll in the required information. The cost of the ESTA is the sole responsibility of the Winner.
(2) The Winner and their travelling companion (if applicable) must travel together at all times. The Winner is responsible for transport from their residence to their nearest international airport for ﬂight departure and from their nearest international airport to their residence upon returning to New Zealand.
(3) Flight tickets are available on the regular scheduled services of each airline and are subject to seasonal embargos. The ﬂight itinerary may have to be adjusted depending on the airline’s departure city and their current ﬂight schedule. Unless otherwise speciﬁed, the air travel is economy class.
(4) Any changes to travel dates or additional accommodation outside the travel period speciﬁed in the Travel Prize details, made by the winner, which incur additional costs, are to be paid by the Travel Prize winner.
(5) Unless explicitly stated in the Speciﬁc Rules, the Winner will be responsible for expenses including, but not limited to, spending money, meals, drinks, transport, laundry charges, activities, incidentals, taxes (excluding departure and any other ﬂight associated taxes included within the Travel Prize), gratuities, services charges, passports, visas, travel insurance and all other ancillary costs associated with redeeming the Travel Prize. The Winner must obtain travel insurance to protect themselves against additional costs incurred in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
(6) The Travel Prize is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash. The Travel Prize must be taken as stated in the Speciﬁc Rules and no compensation will be payable if the Winner is unable to use the Travel Prize as stated. For the avoidance of doubt, if the Winner is, for whatever reason, unable to travel on a nominated date during this period, whether the failure was due to reasons beyond the Winner’s control or otherwise, then the Winner will forfeit the Travel Prize.
(7) The Promoter makes no representation as to safety, conditions and other issues that may exist at any destination. International travel advice can be obtained from various sources, including government, local consular ofﬁces and the web site of the New Zealand Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade. The winner accepts the Travel Prize at their own risk.
(8) All travel is subject to the terms, conditions and restrictions of the Travel Prize service providers. Any travelling companion included in the Travel Prize (if applicable) accepts the Travel Prize subject to these terms, conditions and restrictions as if references to the Winner in the relevant clauses were to the travelling companion. The Winner and their travelling companion must sign a legal release, in a form acceptable to the Promoter in its absolute discretion, if requested by the Promoter.
21. NZME reserves the right to amend, vary, extend or discontinue a Promotion at any stage, for any reason.
22. NZME takes no responsibility for any inability to enter, complete, continue or conclude the Promotion due to equipment or technical malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnection, texts with a misspelt keyword, texts to an incorrect shortcode, Force Majeure or otherwise.
23. To the fullest extent permitted by law NZME will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or for personal injury as a result of Promotion entry or winning the prize.
24. Where the Prize is to be supplied by an entity outside NZME control and that entity fails, for whatever reason, to supply the prize, NZME has no responsibility for the provision of the Prize and is not obliged to provide an alternative Prize or to take legal action to require the Prize supplier to provide the Prize.
25. Participation in the Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
26. If the Winner does not accept these Terms and Conditions the prize will be forfeited